This year's Oscar nominations for Best Documentary, Short Subject are:
- The Lady in Number 6: Music Saved My Life (Malcolm Clarke and Nicholas Reed, Canada/USA/UK - English, 39 min.) - At 109, Alice Herz Sommer is the world's oldest pianist... and its oldest Holocaust survivor. At the heart of her remarkable story of courage and endurance is her passion for music.
- Karama Has No Walls (Sara Ishaq, UAE/UK/Yemen - Arabic, 26 min.) - When protesters in Yemen added their voices to those of other nations during the Arab Spring, the government responded with an attack that left 53 people dead and inspired widespread sympathy throughout the country.
- Facing Fear (Jason Cohen, USA/English, 26 min.) - As a gay 13-year-old, Mathew Boger endured a savage beating at the hands of a group of neo-Nazis. Twenty-five years later, he meets one of them again by chance.
- CaveDigger (Jeffrey Karoff, USA - English, 39 min.) - New Mexico environmental sculptor Ra Paulette carves elaborately designed and painstakingly executed sandstone caves, driven by an artistic vision that often brings him into conflict with his patrons.
- Prison Terminal: The Last Days of Private Jack Hall (Edgar Barens, USA - English, 40 min.) - In a maximum security prison, the terminally ill Jack Hall faces his final days with the assistance of hospice care provided by workers drawn from the prison population.
There will be a brief intermission after Facing Fear.
See all the nominees before the winner is declared at the Academy Awards Ceremony on March 2!