Cornell Cinema, Ithaca's year-round film festival, is excited to move into the second year of on-screen
advertising in Willard Straight Theatre, presenting 10-15 minutes of screen time before all regular screenings.
Why Advertise at Cornell Cinema?
During the academic year, Cornell Cinema typically presents 5 different films per week, ranging from classic, to foreign, to documentary, to arthouse. These are screened in repertory style five nights a week, Wednesday through Sunday—two shows on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday—in the historic Willard Straight Theatre on Cornell University’s campus, for a total of 9 screenings per week. The variety of films shown attracts a wide demographic of undergraduate and graduate students, Cornell faculty and staff, and community members. Average attendance per screening is 60. This kind of exposure offers advertisers a unique opportunity.
Why On-Screen Advertising?
- Movie-goers are a captive audience for digital on-screen advertising, and studies have shown that recall of slides is 4 times more likely than that of newspapers and 3 times more likely than television.
- Your on-screen ad will run at least twice for at least 10 seconds each in at least the 10 minutes before films screen in the Willard Straight Theatre.* This ensures your slide or short will come up while people take their seats before the movie begins.
- The cost, especially for long-term advertising, is extremely reasonable for the amount of exposure you receive.
- You are welcome to provide your own slide - or high resolution short commercial - which should measure 800 pixels
wide by 600 pixels high and last no more than 15 seconds.
- $30 per week
- $200 for 4 weeks ($25 per week)
- $300 per semester
- $500 per academic year
for more information or to book an ad, contact Douglas McLaren at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note that slides may not run before some special guest events. Actual time slide is
projected and number of views may be more, but will not be less!
**Cornell Cinema prints two Calendars per Academic Year: one in the Fall (late August to December) and one in the Spring (January to May)